We welcome you to your position at
Large Food Processing Company
12345 A C Pkwy
Avon, Ohio 44011
Park on the front side of building in an available space (not visitor) near the Employee Entrance.
- Arrive 15 minutes before start. Enter through employee entrance. A supervisor will be there to let you in. If not ring the doorbell ONCE.
- Following days-report to your Supervisor or Area Leader
- 1st day you will turn in your signed GMP to the shift supervisor.
Cell phones are not permitted to be used while working. They are authorized to be used on lunch, and during breaks. We recommend you keep them in your car or locker while working
IDENTIFICATION, WORK AREA & EQUIPMENT
Be sure to wear proper PPE/GMP/Food Safety (Hair/Beard Nets, Aprons, etc) equipment at all times.
Absolutely No food, drink or gum in the work area. Cell phones are not permitted out in the work areas
Dress comfortably and in appropriate clothing for your work area (1 room is 80 degrees/other is 60 degrees).
LUNCH AND BREAKS
DAY STAR/The Customer holds a firm position regarding the use, possession or distribution of drugs and/or alcohol by any employee working in their facility and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act. We believe a drug-free work environment is vital to the safety and well-being of our employees and customers. Additional information is contained in the Drug-Free Workplace information available to you from a DAYSTAR representative.
Clock in your time at the start of your shift and end of your shift. Clocks are located near the break room. Your supervisor will show you their clock in/out procedure. Time and a half is paid overtime rates for all hours worked after the first 40 each week
Personal belongings are not allowed in the work areas. Lockers are available, but you must bring your own lock. DAY STAR/The Customer is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The Customer operates specific shift times for fulfillment and warehouse operations. OT is required if needed.
VP of Operations: XXXXX
Warehouse Manager: XXXXX
1st Shift Supervisor: XXXXX
Quality Assurance Manager: XXXXXX
2nd Shift Supervisor: XXXXXXX
- CGMP, SAFETY & WORKPLACE RULES
- Follow safety rules, particularly those regarding the operation of equipment.
- No jewelry is permitted. With the exception of wedding bands (no raised stones permitted) & medical bracelets. No piercings can be worn while working. Fake finger nails and eye lashes are not permitted to be worn while working.
- Tobacco is not permitted in the building.
- Obtain instructions before trying to operate unfamiliar equipment. If required, wear appropriate safety equipment
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions you notice to your manager/supervisor.
- Locate the aisles, stairways and exits you should use during an emergency.
- Lift correctly—bend your knees, hold the object close to your body and lift with your legs. When moving the object, turn your whole body. Do not twist your spine. Get help when you need it.
- If you are injured, contact your DAY STAR supervisor immediately. If your injury needs emergency treatment, follow DAY STAR’s instructions for medical treatment.
- Follow all GMP (good manufacturing practices) & Food Safety policies.
Punctuality and reliable attendance are important to your success at The Customer. Therefore, you are expected to report to work as scheduled. If you must be absent or late for any reason, contact your DAY STAR Performance Supervisor at:
All Shifts (Office): 440-481-1060, follow prompts
All Shifts (On-Site):
Call at least 2 hours before your shift starts.
WHILE ON ASSIGNMENT
- Report to work at least 10-15 minutes early each day.
- Show initiative. Be flexible. Work as a team. Meet Performance Standards. The more positions you learn the more valuable you are.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Conduct personal business after work.
- Traffic is unpredictable; allow extra time to ensure promptness.
- Park only in designated areas.
- Check your work for accuracy. Be attentive to details.
- Follow the safety rules for the department to which you are assigned.
- Comply with the dress code and wear appropriate PPE
The Customer is a tobacco free facility. Tobacco is only permitted outside of the building in designated areas.
Consistent with employment practices, these guidelines are to be administered in a way that does not discriminate against persons due to sex, race, disability, veteran’s status, or religion. Pay rates are confidential. Please refrain from discussing pay rates while employed at The Customer.
TO OUR EMPLOYEES
Welcome & Thank You for coming to work for us at The Customer!
As our employee, you represent to our customers, your fellow coworkers and to the outside community. We count on you to be thorough, to complete assigned tasks and to take pride in your work as part of a highly motivated and capable team member.
We want to help you be successful and enjoy your work here. Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or concerns related to your work.
We hope you enjoy working at The Customer and we look forward to having you as part of the DAYSTAR team!
REFERRAL BONUS: Refer good associates to DAYSTAR and receive a Referral Bonus. See your On-site Performance Supervisor for more information.
Blow up mediocrity by delivering WOW!
Every day we want our folks to come in and challenge mediocrity and deliver something special to our customers and for each other.
Build the Future you Want!
The future of our business and our employees is intertwined. You are accountable for creating that future.
We Win & Lose Together!
We all share in the successes and failures of the business. Working together we will create more successes. BE A DAY STAR!
Contact: John Kolencik